Friday, May 6, 2011

Whew! All caught up

Whew! I am all caught up on calligraphy work and other freelance work. Quick, do something fun.

So, I did.

My toddler just will not keep a bow clip in her hair. As soon as I put it in, she grabs it out. Only if she is distracted by something else will it stay in for a few minutes. Like in this photo from Easter. Hunting eggs was more fun than than thinking about her bow.


Ok, please ignore the weeds and my hubby video-taping.  I'm slowly working on the weeds, but it has been raining here constantly for weeks.

Since she's so good at pulling the bows out, we've lost a few, one last week was lost at Kohl's. So, I decided to see if I could make some bows. They look really easy and I figure I can make some to match her outfits. After doing some online research, I bought some clips and ribbon and fired up my hot glue gun. This is the result.


Another project that I tried was this flower pin.


I found the directions for this on another blog that I came across. The directions were super easy to follow. Here's the link if you'd like to make one. http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.com/2009/07/fabric-flower-tutorial_03.html



This week I also made Mother's Day bracelet & earring sets for my Mom and Aunt. This is the prototype that I made for myself. The flat discs are a shell of some sort and I've accented them with silver daisy spacers, and Montana blue Swarovski crystal bicones. My aunt's set was in tones of brown/cream with gold accents, and my mom's was black/white/silver. Now, something for my mother-in-law....hmmm, I'll come up with something.

This ended up being a pretty crafty week. I need to get back to some calligraphy fun, and I'm way behind on Evie's scrapbook. I haven't added any pages in over a year. Next rainy day....

Happy May!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Hi jenny. I'm visiting from Flaunt Your Feathers. You did a great job on the bows! Very cute! My daugher always pulls hers out too, and her hair along with it. Drives me CRAZY!

    The bracelet is gorgeous! Fantastic job! I'm sure your mom and aunt will love their sets.

    Have a great Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete